1. Get Your Home Ready
a) Clean your house and make sure it looks presentable. This will not only be important in marketing and advertising your home online, but also for any interested buyers who are visiting your house. Make sure you tidy up the exterior section of the house too.
b) Try to de-personalize your home. This will ease potential buyers in imagining themselves living in that space. Things that you can consider includes repainting your pink/yellow/green rooms into basic colors like off-white, which appeals to a wider group of people.
2. Set The Right Price
Do your research before you set an asking price. Check the value of your house and previous transacted prices in your area. These information area readily available on Brickz, iProperty, The Edge Property. You should also check the current asking prices in your neighbourhood as a benchmark to get a rough estimate of the houses that are getting sold there. Don’t set your price too high as this will lead to difficulty in finding a buyer.
3. Find The Right Agent
Finding the right agent is an important step in selling your house. The agent will be helpful in not only marketing your property, but also finding the right buyer. Below are some tips in choosing an agent:
a) Find an agent that knows your area well – They have a pool of ready-buyers looking to buy in the area. Their knowledge of your neighbourhood will also be beneficial in pitching/convincing potential buyers. They would also be able to advise you on the prices that they have transacted in the area.
b) Ask to see their REN tag – It should be worn by the agent at all times during their conduct of business. You can check at the BOVAEA (Malaysia Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents) website to validate.
c) Appoint 3-5 agents to help sell your home fast - The more agents you appoint, the bigger the pool of potential customer. Don’t worry, the payment commission will only be given to the agent who successfully sells your property.
Any enquiries from buyers will be handled by your agent. Once you’ve assigned an agent, you should also check in on them to make sure that they’re actively selling your property.
Get your property out there! There are many channels to advertise, especially in this digital age. You can upload it on property portals, social media or even consumer to consumer marketplace websites.
Make sure you have the best photos when advertising. Here are some tips:
1) Use a wide angle lens or take a picture from the corner of the room
2) Use natural lighting and switch on all the lights.
3) Upload as many pictures as possible so prospect buyers are able to visualize your space
4) Tidy the area that you are taking a picture of as it enhances the value and space you are promoting
Provide a good description of your property. Amenities such as school, public transport, commercial and neighbourhood security should be included.
Are you looking to put your property on the market? Is your property below RM 1 million and located in Klang Valley?
You get to enjoy these benefits:
1) Broader customer base - Potential buyers from Maybank customers
2) No hidden cost – Zero fees and charges for listing with us
3) Not sure what to do? We’re with you for every step of the way. Apart from listing with us, we handle everything else, from customer application to property valuation and preparation of legal agreements. We have standardised the process for your convenience.
4) Attractive to prospective buyers. They don’t have to worry of huge upfront costs as we offer more than 100% financing.
All you have to do is sign up at www.maybank2own.com, upload at least 3 pictures of your property and voila! Simple and easy. Click here to start listing today.