Sally Lye, the Managing Director of Maybank’s Real Estate Ventures was invited to speak on the topic of “Unlocking Potential of Waqf Land” during the Fourth Quarter Malaysian REIT Managers Association (MRMA) General Meeting on 10th December 2021. The objective of the presentation is to share present challenges of Waqf land development and discuss on unlocking its full potential.
• Development of residential and commercial will optimise the potential of Waqf land, providing additional supply for the households and revitalise the surrounding area.
• The Istibdal concept will enable more land swaps for a more efficient development planning.
• Waqf trustees will be able to leverage on the experience of developers/REITs in developing and managing properties to optimize the return of Waqf land.
• Supporting the CSR and ESG initiatives.
• Diversified income stream.
Maybank's Real Estate Ventures would like to thank Malaysian REIT Managers Association (MRMA) for the invitation, it was a great pleasure.